Woo-hoo! Congrats! You've joyfully said "yes" to forever and now you and your beloved are looking to plan the wedding of your dreams. There's a lot to initially think about when you get engaged. What's your date? Do you want to get married soon or wait a little while? I'm sure there are a hundred questions running through your mind right now. Guess who will help you navigate all of your questions? Yep, a wedding planner!
I totally understand why some couples and families are hesitant to spend the money on a planner - your mom is totally organized, your brother plays violin, your Aunt Linda ties amazing bows, your Cousin Joe is a running back at his college and can lift any number of tables and chairs you could imagine and you already know you want pink flowers.
But here's a list of why a professional is going to help you do it better, with less stress and more fun. Below you'll find five reasons why hiring a wedding planner will be the best decision you make during engagement.
1. You Don't Want Wedding Planning to Take Over Your Life: Life doesn't stop when you get engaged! Although you have this task of wedding planning in front of you, you still have a job, friends, family and a life to live! A wedding planner leads your planning team. As your planner, I create a timeline for you so that you aren't overwhelmed by what needs to get done. At the beginning our time together, we'll sit down and discuss what needs to get done month by month. I act as your go-to person throughout your engagement and take things of of your plate so you can find balance between wedding planning and everything else going on in your life.
2. You Want to Stay on Budget But Still Have Your Ideal Wedding: Planners have tons of money saving hacks! The thing is, you could spend an arm and a leg planning a wedding. You could have the best intentions of setting a budget but unless you have someone staying on top of the numbers, it can be easy to loose track of what is being spent where. As your wedding planner, I'll not only help you set a budget and stick to it, but I'll help you to navigate how to get the best prices on vendors, decor and every little thing that goes into a wedding.
3. You Want Wedding Planning to be as Stress-Free as Possible: Family drama? I get it. Not sure how to navigate the wedding industry? I'm been a wedding pro for 13 years. Weddings are emotional. No matter how well your families do or don't get along, there will be a least a bit of drama long the way. As a wedding planner, I act as a neutral third party. I've done this before and I know how to make this whole wedding planning process as stress-free and simple as possible.
4. You Have a Vision But You Don't Know How to Execute It: Whether you're someone who has dreamed of their wedding your whole life or you just signed up for a Pinterest account, as a wedding planner I help you create a cohesive wedding look. Your wedding is the moment when you and your fiancé get to present yourselves to your family and friends as people who are going to build their lives together. You want your wedding to reflect your values, styles and personalities. A wedding planner helps to bring all of those elements together and infuses them into every aspect of your day.
5. You Want Your Wedding Day to Be Fun Not Full of Logistics: The last thing a bride or groom wants to be worrying about the day of their wedding is whether or not they remembered to write a check for the D.J...or if Aunt Sally remembered that granddad has a special seat at the ceremony...or if enough vehicles are available for everyone to get from one space to the next. You get it. There are a lot of logistics that go into a wedding day. Don't burden yourself as a bride or groom with having to manage details on your wedding day. You should be focused on marrying the love of your life and enjoying your big day. As a wedding planner, I provide you with a day-of timeline, coordinate everything for the day of and make sure the trains run on time.
Want to chat about your wedding day?
Let's talk about your relationship, wedding vision and how I can possibly serve you.
Contact Sarah Here:
Sincerely Pete Events is an equality-minded, lesbian-owned, full service and coordination wedding planning and design company in Washington, D.C. with over 13 years of experience. We believe in a personal, curated & customized approach to each wedding couple we work with taking their values & personalities into account and keeping the relationship as the focus of the wedding. We plan Washington DC weddings, Virginia weddings, Maryland weddings and destination weddings all over the world. Contact us today for more information!