Here are a few things I came to love this week so much, I had to share with you!
- Waterlogued App : This app, available for iPhone and iPad transforms your photos into watercolor pieces of art! I spent way too much time going through my old vacation photos, DC scenery and of course, my foster dog Dori. I think one of my favorite uses for this app is to use it to create backdrops for quotes I like (in conjunction with the Over App)- you saw them here, here and here!
- Thunder Beast Root Beer : I met owner and brewer Stephen at Tea Time DC's Premiere event Sunday night at the Ulysses Room. He brought a couple kegs of his absolutely delicious and refreshing, non-alcoholic brews. He told me they brew a number of seasonal root beers each year but their flagship has highlights of maple and butterscotch. I don't usually drink sodas but this brew had me wanting more and more! Find out how to get a taste of your own here!
- Business Cards : I finally have business cards!! I've been networking and walking around town without them for over a month! It feels so good to be able to connect and be sure people know how to find you. I found a general design I liked at Mallory Hope Design on Etsy then worked with her to tweek it and make it my own. I'm working on my personal brand so I decided to promote that on the back of my card.
- Dori, my first foster dog : I received notification late last week that I had been approved to be a foster mom for Lucky Dog Animal Rescue and I took my first dog home on Sunday afternoon. Dori is a 15 month old Shepard mix. When Dori was born, one of her back legs had two paws on it and that leg eventually stopped growing, so it was amputated and she now has three legs. She is the sweetest and cuddliest and sleepest puppy I've ever come across, but still playful and full of puppy play. She went to her forever home on Wednesday and I know she'll be happy.
- My Dad : Well my dad certainly isn't new :) But, this picture is an outtake from a family portrait session with Leigh Burnette Photography . Leigh is a super talented up-and-coming photographer based in Virginia Beach. You'll be hearing more of his praises from me when I get around to talking about my 30th birthday party. My dad is one of the most thoughtful, caring men I've ever met and I'm very lucky to be his favorite (and only) daughter!